Wednesday, March 2, 2011

wee little leprechaun bookmarks

St. Patrick's Day might be a day that goes uncelebrated in some households- but not in mine. My Mom was born and raised in Ireland which means that you better break out the green on March 17! I decided that since I love making these thumb print crafts so much, we would make one just for St. Patrick's Day.

Look at this wee little leprechaun- isn't he cute? 

I love making these crafts on tags, like my snowmen ones here, or the little love bug ones here, but that doesn't really work so much for St. Patrick's Day. SO, we made these larger ones so that we could pass them out to family to use as bookmarks.

To make these you will need:

green, orange, and cream coloured paint
googly eyes
black sharpie
small piece of yellow cardstock
scissors or utility knife to cut the little yellow square
piece of cardstock for the bookmark (we used a very light green)
twine or ribbon for the top of the bookmark

1. using the orange paint stamp a thumprint on the bookmark
2. using the green paint stamp the green thumb print on top of the orange one, set aside to let dry
3. use the pinky to stamp on the face using the cream coloured paint
4. just add on all of the details, googly eyes, smile, and hat detail
5. add a piece of twine or ribbon to the top of the bookmark



Linking up with:Sun Scholars & ABC and 123 Learning  & Molly Moo & Today's Creative Blog & Made by You Mondays @ Skip to my Lou  & Tatertots and Jello & It's A Hodgepodge Life & Somewhat Simple


17 comments:

  1. Lila: I hope you do not find yourself stuck to a creativity stifling desk job ever again! Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would make your Irish ancestors very proud! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. those are adorable! love fingerprint projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THese are so fun the perfect St. Patty's Day craft! I want to try these with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Could these be any cuter? We made handprint leprechauns and handprint clovers but I haven't posted them yet. Maybe this week. I'm so behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! What a great idea! They are such Lepre-cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so freakin cute!!!!!

    I'd love to have you link up to my For the Kids Friday Link Party! Stop on by!!

    :)rachel from SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE these!

    I have featured these in my St. Patty's Day Inspirations. You inspire me!!! Find the link here:
    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/02/st-patricks-day-inspirations.html
    If you'd like to grab an A++ button to add to your site, you'll find it at the bottom of the blog post.

    Thanks for sharing your amazing idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really cute and fun craft for small children. Will totally be sharing this on our today!

    all the best,
    Sherry + Wendy @ Kiboomu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just posted about this craft and your Wee Little Men craft over on Craft Gossip! Love your blog and your pictures on there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love this idea! I made my own version over at http://4bergcraft.blogspot.com/2011/03/st-pats-cards.html
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing at the For the Kids Friday Link Party! I look forward to having you back this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What kind of paint do you use? Finger paint? Acrylic?

    ReplyDelete
  14. These bookmarks are so freakin cute! My son is going to love making them. It would be awesome if you would link them up at my St. Patty's link up party. :)

    http://whitelightsonwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/02/st-patricks-day-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. So Cute :)
    Please come share your fab idea in my St Patrick's Day Crafts & Activities Round Up - the linky is now open on http://mollymoo.ie/2013/02/st-patricks-day-kids-craft-roundup/

    I hope to see you there
    Michelle | MollyMoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello there!

    This would mean one image gets used and a link back to you (your post would not be copied). Please let me know if this would be okay!

    Thank you,

    Amy (modpodgerocks at gmail)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...